Saturday, January 5, 2013

That weight on my shoulders is 6lbs

I knew this would happen. A few months ago, I started sliding a little bit with my workouts and not controlling what I ate. Before you decide that I'm one of those crazy health freaks who diets, let me assure you that I am so not! I lost a total of 28lbs since I got myself a personal trainer over a year ago, who has helped me a lot by putting me on the right exercise plan. This was important because I'm bow legged and with my knee injuries I can't certain types of exercise. The food part, I had to work that out on my own, and I succeeded at it thanks for the most part, to this book called Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth. Anyway, I started sliding with my workouts and what I ate a few months ago, and needless to say I've regained 6 lbs!!! It's the worse feeling in the world to be back in that weight category that I tried so hard to get away from. Well, I knew it'll only get worse because I hadn't the time to hit the gym the few weeks prior to Christmas and when I finally weighed myself this week, I gained another 2lbs. What I'm upset about is not only because I fell off the bandwagon but also because I allowed myself to get off track and forget the discipline it took to get to where I had been until a few months ago. The last thing I need is to forget why I'm doing this, which is to be stronger and have more stamina so I can do the things I used to love doing without having to catch my breath. The weight loss and looking better are just a bonus. It's Jan 5, and my goal is to lose another 34lbs, although I'll be 20lbs away from my ideal weight. But I'm not going for ideal! I'm going for healthy. And I'll be damn if I let a few hiccups come between me and my goal!! Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some bicep and tricep curls to complete. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment