Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year, a new day... and the beginning of my 2013 literary adventure

Happy New Year everyone! Somewhere last year, I made a promise to myself that I would start fresh in putting my thoughts, beliefs, anger, expressions of love/lust/happiness and whatever I may be feeling into my blog. And no better time to start than today. 2012 had been a great year, for me anyway. I plucked the courage to leave my old job, which was wearing me down physically as well as mentally and emotionally, and join a new one. I'm glad I did, because everything is different, most importantly the people that I work with! A new supervisor who is wonderfully understanding and compromising (AND young) as opposed to the old ways and almost draconian one I worked for 4 years prior. Among other factors, I left to "get well." There were other notable events but my job was the biggest change. It's funny, but I never truly enjoyed Christmas that just passed. I didn't feel the spirit of the holidays like I do every year. And just last night, on New Year's eve, I was sad for some reason. I wasn't sure if it was because I was feeling sorry for myself for believing in people and having them let me down again and again, or that I liked these people enough to want to give them another chance but know that I may only be fooling myself in the process. In my pain, I swore I would be cynical this year but I am not sure that even I would believe in that promise! Then, there's the other reason: that I may be losing a loved one, usually to death. So, being a God-fearing human, I prayed and PRAYED that I lose no one to illness this year. It's a brand new year and I think there should be resolutions this year. I had none the last two years! I still plan to travel and hope to see the Taj Mahal in India, go to Kathmandu and perhaps see a bit of Laos. The resolution bit? Going solo! :) Next, I've been told I rarely smile and as a result, makes me more unapproachable to people! Oh God, I'm turning into Dad!! This year, I pledge to smile at more strangers, and hopefully, make new and interesting friends along the way. But I am a nice girl, really I am!! Although I have no resolutions that involve weight loss (the D word is a SIN in my book) it would be great if I could take more walks, apart from the ones on the treadmill, pending great weather. Dammit, wished I didn't melt like a damn snow cone everytime I stand near the mearest heat source! I wanna rock climb!! Yes, under the circumstances, I may not be able to, even after I've reached the optimum level of fitness to do this, but I want to be able to try. Being bow legged only allows me to walk, but not necessarily to rock-climb or bungee jump (DON'T. EVER. TRY. - says my personal trainer). I'd like to think of these as goals for the year. When you turn your resolutions into Goals, they somehow seem less threatening and you are more determined to reach them. So maybe I did have resolutions which I've met the last two years; I just dressed them up as goals, hehe... Time for breakfast and then help Dad prepare for NY lunch!! :) Welcome 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment