Thursday, July 21, 2011

The After Effects of the Red Tide's Visit to Malaysia


What an experience!
The chance of seeing Liverpool Football Club play a live match on its maiden visit to Malaysia was simply one that no fan could miss, and I surely didn’t!
Sure, watching Dirk Kuyt ply his trade like a workhorse on the pitch, and Jamie Carragher crack the whip look like ants on the pitch from where my family and I were sitting, but at least I can say I was at a Liverpool game!
And the Malaysian supporters – oh how I love them all – sure made the team feel like they were home, albeit with higher temperature readings on the thermometer and elevated humidity levels. One would be fooled into thinking one was actually at Anfield, minus the white faces and mostly smiling Asian ones with their hearts on their sleeves, swelling with love and pride for the team they support with a wild passion.
And the smile on Carra’s face was enough of a reason as to why I LOVE Liverpool Football Club. The mutual adoration, admiration and appreciation for the fans who love him, Stevie G (who was not in KL, sadly) and the rest of the team, shone like a beacon (if not , blared never more loudly than when sounds of “You’ll Never Walk Alone” was heard sung among the Red faithful at every opportunity) all throughout their visit.
Now I know for SURE that a visit to ANFIELD is at the top of my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment