Monday, July 13, 2009

What happens next...


It's over.

After months of planning and the final few CRAZY days of getting things done up until the 11th hour, my sister married on Sat, Jul 11.

And the "wedding party" as the bride and groom called it, did not disappoint. There were only good things said all around, which wasn't anything less than we expected as was evident that night. Practically everyone who attended had a blast of a time.

As I write this, she is honeymooning in Phuket. Was completely bowled over by the resort she's staying at, when she got there. Had to call to share the news of what an awesome place it is.

When she gets back, I'll see her for a short time on Thursday. She'll be collecting the rest of her things and permanently moving out.

So after holding it in all of saturday, I let it rip! Couldn't control my tears. All I felt was the pain of emptyness on Sunday, when she spent the first night at her new home. I still tear up now and again when I think that she will not be home every night.

The funny thing is, because we work different hours (me doing the graveyard shift), we only see each other on weekends. Why should it be any different now? Well, the finality of her absence in our home is felt.

It's going to take a lot of getting used to... not having her around. But I'm pretty sure that she'll be visiting on weekends.

I miss you, Cher. I miss you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment